Shadow Dancers® Marcia Fuchsia
Fuchsias add deep color in shadier spots of the patio or garden, and Shadow Dancers ‘Marcia’ will bring hummingbirds, butterflies, and birds to these spots too. The rich red and purple color of the unique hanging flowers likely will bring plenty of “oohs and ahhs” as well. Although these annuals add color and elegance to any area of the landscape, they really shine in hanging baskets, where flowers can drape softly over the sides.
Native to Haiti and other tropical areas, fuchsias can add bold colors in shady areas where many flowers underperform. The stunning two-part flowers with long stamens continue to bloom all summer and require no deadheading. Plant several in a mostly shady window box, a hanging basket on your patio, or in a featured area of the landscape. They reach no more than a foot high, so you can tuck them in nearly anywhere, but be ready for them to really stand out.
Shadow Dancers Marcia Fuchsia Care
With their tropical background, fuchsias love humidity, so they need consistent watering in summer; be careful not to let the plant dry out. Indoor fuchsias can gain humidity, especially in winter, with a wet tray of pebbles under the potted plant. Fertilize your fuchsia every 6 to 8 weeks with a diluted (half-strength) flower fertilizer.
Place your Fuchsia Shadow Dancers Marcia in a rich potting mix and set the pot or hang the basket where the plant receives all or partial shade. Bring potted fuchsias indoors when temperatures turn cool in fall. You can cut the stems back to about 6 inches long and place the pot in a basement or closet that is fairly dark but consistent in temperature. Water once a month while the plant is dormant, then take it back outside when days warm, and resume regular watering.
Shadow Dancers Marcia Fuchsia Spacing
If planting more than one fuchsia in a container or garden bed, space the plants about 8 to 12 inches apart. Each should then grow into an upright, rounded plant full of pink and purple blooms.
Shadow Dancers® Marcia Fuchsia Information
|USDA Hardiness Zones: 9-10|
|Flower Color(s): Pink, Purple|
|Bloom Period: Planting To Frost|
|Foliage Color(s) Green|
|Light Exposure: Full Shade to Partial Shade|
|Height Class: Short|
|Height: 8-12 Inches|
|Spread: 10-14 Inches|
|Spacing: 8-12 Inches|
|Drought Tolerant: No|
|Attracts: Birds, Butterflies, Hummingbirds|
|Container Role: Thriller|
|Use Types: Container, Houseplant, Landscape|
|Features: Continuous Bloom or Rebloomer, Deadheading Not Necessary, Pollinator Attractor|
|Scientific Name: Fuchsia hybrid USPP 13,760|
|Common Name: Shadow Dancers® Marcia Fuchsia|
|Plant Type: Annual|
|Brand: Proven Selections|
Click here for more information on plant container sizes.
Plant Addict Guarantee (Included On All Plant Orders)
Plant Addicts guarantees your plant(s) will arrive happy and healthy, but the plant(s) are being shipped through the mail and accidents happen. If the plant is dead, has dried out roots or the incorrect item was shipped just notify Plant Addicts within 3 days upon delivery. We may ask for pictures but will try to make it as easy as possible for you. Please note plant(s) with damaged branches or wilted leaves will not qualify for this guarantee. Plants are very resilient and will rebound quickly when cared for correctly.
For information on how to care for you new plant please check out our guide. Guide: How to Care for Your New Plant(s)
Plant Addicts Warranty – 1 Year (Extra Purchase Required)
We encourage all plant lovers to purchase the Plant Addicts Warranty whether you’re new or an expert. There are many variables outside our control and yours that can cause the demise of your plant(s). Examples would be hungry animals, drought, poor soil conditions, over watering, disease, insects & many other factors. The Plant Addicts Warranty is a 1 year warranty protecting you from all the unknowns and will replace your plant if it moves on to the plant afterlife.
The warranty is purchased on a per plant basis and must be purchased at the same time as the plant purchase. We will cover 100% of the price of the plant but the warranty does not cover shipping cost. Simply let us know if your plant has died within one year of receiving it and we’ll get you a new one shipped out. We may ask for photos for documentation purposes but again we’ll try to make it as easy as possible.
For more information, please go to our Shipping & Returns page at the bottom of the website.
Standard Colors: 2-3 business days
Special Order Colors: 8 weeks – this is due to the planter being custom made with the color(s) of your choice
Please Note: On special orders there can not be any cancellations
Time of Order:
- If there is extreme heat we’ll delay shipping.
- We’ll have to review what areas the plants are traveling through along with your location
Once your plant is shipped you’ll receive an email with tracking information. Depending on the above criteria we’ll ship your plant(s) towards beginning of the following week from your order. We put together this helpful guide of what to do when you receive your plants in the mail .
It is important to know that all of our plants are clearly labeled for which growing zones the plant can survive in. The plants are thoroughly trialed and tested in every growing zone before we state the plant can grow in a zone. Again, our #1 priority is to ship the plants to you healthy and ready to thrive in your location. So we will do everything in our power to do so.
Shadow Dancers ® ‘Marcia’ Fuchsia hybrid
The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours).
Upright, compact red and purple flowers all summer
Use in pots, window boxes and landscaping
Keeping a fuchsia over the winter can be a challenge, but here are some ideas that will help you be successful.
- Fuchsia likes humidity, so using a pebble tray under the plant will help to maintain a cloud of humidity around the plant. Indoors in the winter the air is usually very dry because of the heating system in your home, a pebble tray will really help the plants. A pebble tray is just a shallow dish full of pebbles and water that the plant sits on (not in the water).
- High light is good, essential for good growth over the winter, but avoid a hot dry window where the plant cooks during the winter. In general the brighter the better for most windows just check to make sure it is not burning the plant.
- Keep an eye out for spider mites, they are going to be your biggest problem. You can see them forming webs between the leaves and the leaves themselves will get a silvery look to them as the infestation gets worse. You can prevent them with frequent washing of the plant (put the plant in the shower under a gentle mist about every third watering), misting the plant will also help, but you may need to resort to some kind of organic insecticide to keep the worst infestations under control.
- Over the winter keep removing any stems that start to die and remove all those berries once they begin to wither as they are actually stealing nutrients from the plant, but you can leave them on for awhile if you like them.
- On watering and fertilizing: Generally fuchsia likes to be moist at all times but not soggy, so watch to make sure the plant does not dry out too much. Fertilizing every 6-8 weeks with half strength fertilizer should be fine to keep the plant healthy.
- Your local state extension service will likely have a lot of good information on over-wintering houseplants as well, so check their website to see if they can answer questions that are local to your garden!
This is a very early-blooming and easy Fuchsia with exceptionally uniform and compact growth. The flowers perch well above the bushy, small-leaved foliage. Blooms all summer long. A great pot crop plant.
A rarely seen combination of cherry-red sepals and a violet corolla. Upright habit.