The Ultimate Guide on how to make your own CBD E-liquid! Discover how to turn your CBD crystals into CBD vape juice and save you money! The global vaping industry is taking the world by storm, rapidly expanding across the globe. In just a few years, CBD vape juices and e-liquids have become dominant products on the market. It seems that people simply adore vaping CBD for the most obvious reasons. It’s fast-acting, discreet, delicious, doesn’t get you
How to Make Your Own CBD E-Liquid with CBD Crystals
Willing to make your own CBD E-Liquid? If you are looking to learn how to produce your own from your CBD Crystals you are in the right place.
What are CBD Crystals?
CBD crystals are simply a form in which CBD can be presented. It gets its name from its resemblance to actual crystals, yet the consistency itself is nothing like crystals, and you needn’t worry about them being hard.
There are 3 different types or forms of CBD crystals, and these are CBD Crystal Isolates, CBD Crumble, and CBD Shatter. These are all different due to the method of extraction, and the different types of solvents used to get the CBD from the hemp or cannabis plants.
CBD crystal isolates are white and powdery in consistency, and these are usually around 98 – 99% pure CBD, with the exception of traceable amounts of other components in the cannabis or hemp plants.
CBD shatter is thin and has an appearance like that of glass, for it usually comes in sharp pieces, and will shatter when dropped or hit. CBD wax shatter is usually not clear in colour, for it is not a pure isolate, but it is very clean and is preferred for many different types of DIY CBD products thanks to its malleability.
CBD wax crumble is waxy and smooth in appearance, and as its name suggests, looks like large crumbs or crumbles off a larger piece. This type of CBD crystal gets its appearance from both the way it is extracted and the components it has within it. Normally, wax crumble is more of a full spectrum CBD, meaning that it has many of the natural oils and terpenes which the cannabis or hemp plant produces.
How to Make Your Own E-Liquid with CBD Crystals?
E-liquids are actually very simple and easy to make. Especially when you want to make one just to your liking, or to cover certain preferences or needs of yours.
The best way to start out is by purchasing high-quality food grade Propylene Glycol (PG), and Vegetable Glycerin (VG), both are found easily on Amazon. Then, you need to purchase high-quality CBD Crystals of your choice. Make sure you are getting CBD Crystals that are an Isolate to get the most out of your products and to be able to make a more seamless and smooth e-liquid.
After you purchase your 3 main ingredients, you will also need an airtight container or bottle in which you can mix your e-liquid and store in. This needs to be airtight because you will be warming your mixture up in a pot of warm water, and you don’t want any water whatsoever getting into the mix. Make sure it is heat-safe and airtight.
If you want to make a flavoured E-liquid you will need to purchase a high-quality E-liquid Flavour Concentrate in the flavour of your choice. You can get these on Amazon or from any Vape Shop.
Now, to begin making your own CBD e-liquid you must first know that the most E-liquids have a PG to VG ratio between a 60:40 and 70:30. Meaning it is made up of 60% PG (Propylene Glycol) and 40% VG (Vegetable Glycerin).
Love Hemp suggests 200mg of crystals to 10ml of E-liquid for best results, so based on their professional opinion we suggest the same. This would make an E-liquid with a strength of about 2%.
Right below here you will see the step by step method we find the best:
- Measure out 6ml PG and 4ml VG and pour the mixture into your airtight container (This is to make 10ml of E-liquid).
- Measure out 200mg of CBD Crystals (this is best done with a scale) and mix into the airtight container.
- Pour about 3 – 5 inches of water into a pot and set on medium-high heat. This water should reach approximately 60 degrees Celsius. This is basically very hot, but not boiling. Be sure to not go too far over this temperature.
- Once the water is the correct temperature, put your sealed contained of e-liquid into the water, and set your timer for 10 minutes. Note: this is just so that all the ingredients in your e-liquid can fully melt and merge into one another.
- After the 10 minutes is up, you can take out your e-liquid, let it cool, and even mix in a few drops of flavouring if you choose to do so. You can also add it in before the mixture goes into the hot water, for it does not change much in terms of the outcome.
Now you know all about how to make your own CBD infused e-liquid. We hope you like the way yours turns out. Making vape juice really is a simple task, and only takes around 15 minutes or so. Many people are starting to make their own because they like the control they have. This is a great way to make a non-addictive E-liquid free of nicotine.
How to Make Your Own CBD Vape Juice
The global vaping industry is taking the world by storm, rapidly expanding across the globe. In just a few years, CBD vape juices and e-liquids have become dominant products on the market. It seems that people simply adore vaping CBD for the most obvious reasons.
It’s fast-acting, discreet, delicious, doesn’t get you high, and offers a range of potential health benefits. According to CBD oil experts, Ministry of Hemp , the thing with CBD oil for vaping is that the oil goes straight into your bloodstream, allowing you to feel the effect almost immediately.
However, this increasing popularity made CBD vape juice quite expensive. Fortunately, you can save some cash on the side by learning how to make your own CBD vape juice, so let’s get down to it right away.
PG and VG: Finding Your Ratio
The journey to making your own CBD vape e-juice of the highest quality starts with finding the proper PG/VG ratio for your taste. Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are two main compounds found in every e-liquid.
These are the most popular and top-rated carrier oils you need for your CBD juice. There are some differences between the two; PG offers a higher liquid-like consistency, while higher VG percentages make for a smoother vaping experience.
Since you need the CBD-isolate to complete your vape juice, you can’t use VG only as it won’t dissolve the isolate. Therefore, you’ll need a higher ratio of PG for your CBD vape juice to ensure the isolate gets properly dissolved within your e-liquid. Aim for 70/30 PG to VG for the best solution.
The Necessary Ingredients for Making CBD Vape Juice
Now, since you have your PG/VG ratio under control, let’s see what equipment you need to start making your own vape juice. The good thing is that you can find most of the necessary items at a local supermarket or online. Here are the essentials:
- Gram scale
- Clean syringe
- Fine mesh strainer
- Mortar and pestle
- A pot of a medium size
- Small container
- Glass bottle
- A dropper
Basic Steps for Making Your Own CBD Vape Juice
Here are some basic steps for making your CBD vape. Note that this recipe is made for 0.5g of CBD isolate. You can tweak it as you become more experienced, but we recommend that you start small and slow and work your way up. Here are the steps:
- Put your CBD isolate crystals on the gram scale and measure 0.5g;
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind your CBD isolate until you achieve a fine powder consistency;
- Measure somewhere around 0.5-1 ml of terpenes and mix it with your 70/30 PG/VG ratio to get around 30 ml of total vape juice;
- Take a small mixing container and place your vape juice into it;
- Mix your solution with ground CBD isolate powder;
- Secure the lid of the container;
- If you have a vortex mixer use it to properly even out the mix or give your mixture a few shakes by hand;
- At this point, you should have a pot with heated water where you will submerge your mixing container;
- Keep the temperature on medium-high heat;
- Turn the heat to low at the boiling point and put your container in the pot;
- Remove the container after about five minutes;
- Give it another shake;
- If you still can see CBD crystals, repeat the previous two steps;
- If you can’t see the crystals, allow your vape juice to cool for at least half an hour;
- Once cooled, take a glass bottle and use a fine-mesh strainer to filter through your vape juice.
Friendly advice: Please, do not microwave your CBD vape juice under any circumstances. It won’t do you any good, and it will only destroy the precious ingredients.
Terpenes You Should Use
Terpenes are in charge of the flavor of your vape juice. So, before you can choose the right terpenes, you need to decide on the flavor you want in your vaping session. Since terpenes are a bit of a complex subject, we have a few recommendations for you:
- Top terpenes for daytime – beta-caryophyllene (smoky, black pepper, spicy), humulene (floral, citrusy, hops), alpha-pinene (fresh, earthy, pine), limonene (lemon, sweet, citrusy, tart);
- Top terpenes for nighttime – myrcene (fruity, musky, mango), linalool (herby, floral, lavender), menthol (icy, refreshing, minty), terpinolene (floral, apples, sweet).
Optimal Shelf-Life Tip
If you want to achieve the best optimal shelf-life for your CBD e-juice, make sure you store it in a dark and cool place. If it’s sealed tight in a dark glass bottle, it could last up to 12 months before it starts losing its potency.
With all these useful tips, you should be making your DIY CBD vape juice without any problems in no time. Always use the best, highest quality ingredients to make sure you stay healthy. Now, the only thing left for you to do is to buy a decent vape pen to vape your CBD juice like a real professional.
The first step is to make sure you have all the necessary items. They are: -CBD oil -A vape pen cartridge with a mouthpiece and battery -Liquefied glycerin or propylene glycol (PG) -A dropper bottle for mixing the ingredients together -Distilled water, if using PG as an ingredient -Vegetable glycerin, if using VG as an ingredient The second step is to measure
Vape Militia January 31, 2022
My local vape store owner told me that Terpenes are not necessary, and instead I can add 10ml PG based Aroma to 100ml CBD solution. Is this right?